Thursday, January 27, 2011

worry about nothing.

the other day i was listening to klove and they were talking about their 30 day challenge(which i highly recommend) where they are challenging people to listen to only christian music for 30 straight days to see how it changes peoples lives.
when this man called in..

he said that instead of making new years resolutions he had decided to sit down and make a list of everything in which he was worrying about currently and everything he was worried about coming in the future. he sealed his envelope up. wrote dont open until december 31st, 2011 on the envelope & put it in a safe place where he knew he would not lose it.
he said he had been doing this for the past 5 years and each year he writes down less and less worries. this is because through this process when he opens the envelope at the end of the year he sees that God had took care of his worries.

and of course i got inspired. i started thinking about how much of my life i waste worrying for no reason. even though it is not january first i decided to do this anyways.
i took a total of ten minutes today and wrote down all the worries in my life.
when i picked up the pen and started writing my worries onto paper i instantly felt better.
i prayed and ask God to help me trust in him and worry less because i knew that he would take care of everything. i sealed it up. wrote on the outside of the envelope. put it in a safe place. and wrote on my calendar a little reminder.

i cannot wait to see how God is going to work in my life this year and wipe away my worries. i encourage you to sit down for 5-10 minutes and write down all the worries you have.

4 comments:

  1. Wow thisvis amazing! I think I might do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always worry about the little things way too much also! I had forgotten how much we are alike haha

    ReplyDelete