Saturday, January 29, 2011

everything meredith.

Raleigh bound with my mother once again but this time just the two of us.
First stop. 5 minutes down the road. Mickey Ds for some grub and hot liquids..
Second stop. An hour later. Liquid for the car.
Third stop. Another hour later. Meredith College.
After parking, it was time for my scheduled tour.


of course my camera decides to die.
I had never stepped foot on merediths college before in my life.
The campus was gorgeous. And everyone was very friendly.
Last stop of the tour..freshman dorm rooms.
As soon as I saw them I was sold.


heilman hall. freshman dorms.


the freshman dorms are suites
& are just for freshman.
with four people to one bathroom.
with a sink in every room &
kitchens on each floor.
the dorms blew me away after seeing NC states
"nicest" dorms on campus last week comparing
them to merediths freshman dorms.
but dorms arent everything so i continued to stay
 with my open mind.





Next. Actual teaching fellows day begins.
Everything they told me made me like the school more and more.

First off i loved when they told me that they graduated 24 of their teaching fellows last year and all 24 had a job by this past august. which is awesome.

Then i loved to hear that you get to choose WHATEVER major and minors in which you would like and get your license in education. So you can customize your education to your exactly what would be best for you.
Meredith teaching fellows are required to study abroad which I had no clue about.

When the girls were telling their personal stories about how much they loved their experience and how it has changed their lives and how they view our world. At first I was thinking to myself that they all have to say this they are trying to get me to come here until one girl bust into tears and told a heart warming story about how she will never be the same after her experience.

There are over 10 countries in which meredith has study abroad sites.

I cannot even imagine that in two years i could possibly be in Iceland right now.
Oh the places that i could possibly go..

This year im going to make some huge life changing decisions in my life and i cannot wait to see what God has planned for me.

3 comments: