Tuesday, December 21, 2010

oh was i wrong about everything.

today was a day of bitter sweetness..

the final day in my teacher cadet classroom.
I wrote my students a letter
that I had planned on
reading out loud to the class
until one little girl came up to me and
started crying tell me she didnt want me to ever leave.
once i saw the girl i knew i shouldnt read the letter and
my cadet teacher Ms.P read it when i left the class.


            Dear Ms.P's 3rd grade class-- 
I would like to thank each and every one of you so much for making my cadet teaching experience one that I will never forget. First I would like to thank Ms. Phillips for allowing me to do my cadet teaching in her classroom. She is an excellent teacher and I would be honored to be half the teacher she is one day. You each need to thank her often for what she does for each of you. She loves you all very much. Secondly I would like to thank each of you for making me realize that teaching truly is my calling in life. And I will never forget my “first” class and I hope to have many more in the future with students just like you guys. You have all been a blessing to be around and who knows maybe in the near future I will be your algebra teacher. Each day that I have came to your class; I wake up much easier knowing that I will get to see each of your faces. I always leave PMES with a big smile on my face and I give each of you credit for that. I will miss each and every one of you very much and I wish you all the best of luck on the second half of your third grade year and the many years of school to come.
                                                            Love,                                   
                                                                            Ms. H   
after i walked out of the classroom,
i instantly thought of the day before
i walked into my cadet classroom.
Ms.B told my classmates and I to try
and get to attached to our cadet students.
at that moment I thought this woman is crazy
how am I going to get "attached" to snotty nosed, annoying,
bratty little third graders that I will only see for a total of 18 days.

oh was i wrong about everything

No comments:

Post a Comment