Tuesday, June 7, 2011

nothing limited.

sunday was graduation sunday at my church
normally like every event we receive bibles as a gift
but this sunday our pastor decided to do something new
he gave each graduate a book that he had read before
but everyone received a different book.
when i unwrapped my gift this is what
i found under the silver wrapping paper...


i have to confess i despise reading
i have to make myself read
when it is absolutely required for me to do so.
last night i decided to flip through the book
to look at the pictures in the center
and ended up reading for over an hour.
i was hooked instantly.

so im sure you are wondering
who is nick vujicic anyways?


26 years ago when nick was born
his dad vomited at the first sight of him
and it took 4 months for his mother to even touch him.
 nick was born a very healthy boy.

"this is my favorite photo. happy confident and cute-right?
my blissful ignorance was a blessing at that age,
not knowing that i was different or that many challenges awaited me."
-nick

nicks parents never thought
there was hope or future for nick.
if only they could have seen then how far he has come today
and how many lives he has touched and changed.
today his parents couldnt feel more blessed or proud.

in this book nick shares how his faith in God has been his central source of strength and explains that once he found his own sense of purpose--inspiring others to make their lives and the world better--he found the confidence to build rewarding and productive life with limits.
i cannot wait to finish this inspiring book by such an extraordinary man.

1 comment:

  1. I cried.
    we all know I am extra emotional right now.
    plus his problem is way bigger than mine.

    ReplyDelete