Monday, June 27, 2011

nothing forgotten.

as my cap and gown are now just something hanging my closet
my tassel no longer hangs from my mirror in my car
and i am no longer a student at ESHS..
the memories have not been forgotten.

as i was getting dressed for graduation july 10th i thought to myself..
i cannot believe this day ive been working toward
 for 13 years is finally here. 
the place that has impacted my life in so many ways
is soon going to be a place of my past.
a place filled with the people i love.
the people that have taught me life lessons
and helped me make memories that will forever
 hold a special place in my heart.
today is the end.
today is the beginning.


the last touch to my graduation outfit was
a "forget knot" ring.

i never wanted to forget what high school has given me.
and i never wanted to forget my last step..graduation.
after walking into the gym,
listening to the speeches,
listening to alex sing,
walking across the stage,
and turning my tassel.
i looked down at my left hand and just take it all in &
tried to truly capture the moment and my mixed emotions.

 

this ring will soon be kept in my high school memory box
along with many other items from the highlight moments
 over the past four years that i cherish deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment